Arizona Oracle User Group Event
What’s New in Oracle Database 12c Release 2 &
Top 18 Oracle Database 18c New Features
January 25, 2019 | 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM
11:30 PM – 12:00 PM Registration
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch
12:30 PM – 2:00 PM Oracle Database 12.2 New Features
2:00 PM – 2:15 PM Break
2:15 PM – 3:45 PM Oracle Database 18c New Features
3:15 PM – 4:15 PM Q & A + Prize Drawings
Join Viscosity for happy hour following the event.
What’s New in Oracle Database 12c Release 2
- Achieve another level of data scalability and horizontal partitioning with Sharding
- Attain higher levels of SLA with new features in Data Guard
- Eliminate downtime with enhanced online features for table and index maintenance
- Tackle Partitioning and Index advancements in 12.2
- Secure your entire database with online encryption capabilities
- Take advantage of Oracle 12cR2, object names for users, roles, tables, columns, indexes, constraints, etc., increase from 30 bytes to 128 bytes with a few limitations to easily migrate from other databases
- Implement the new features in ASM
- Integrate the new features in Oracle RAC
- Utilize Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) features like Automatic Data Optimization (ADO) and Heat Maps work within individual PDBs for effective management of storage resources based on actual data usage patterns
- Leverage all the latest features such as cloning and replication features for PDBs (Pluggable Databases) that enable the journey to a private, hybrid, or public cloud environment.
- With 12cR2, you can have hot-cloning (source no longer needs to be read-only), refresh clones, flashback PDB only, and build PDB-level standby plans
- Tightly control SGA, PGA, and I/O resources for individual PDBs, including how to construct standard PDB resource profiles that can be leveraged by multiple PDBs with similar resource demands
- Scale performance exponentially with In-Memory (IM) Column store; in Oracle 12cR2 there are additional In-Memory enhancements (including IM Virtual Columns)
- Leverage Approximate Query Functions for performance
Top 18 Oracle Database 18c New Features
- Multitenant Advancements
- PDB enhanced security
- PDB enhanced high availability
- Zero Impact Grid Infrastructure Patching
- Data Guard Enhancements
- ASM and ACFS Enhancements
- Private Temporary Tables
- Scalable Sequences
- New Installation Support
- 18cXE innovations
- Docker Support
Find out if you qualify for $17,500 of cloud implementation services
How much do you know about Oracle Cloud and how your organization can benefit? In this session, you’ll get the opportunity to learn more about how companies are starting their journey to the cloud. Speaker Charles Kim is the Independent Oracle Users Group Cloud Special Interest Group President and has consulted for, architected, and published numerous case studies on Oracle Cloud.
Oracle Platform as a Service (PaaS) / Database as a Service (DaaS) / Application Development in the Cloud
Utilizing PaaS will reduce cost, reduce cycles for application development, and position you to gain access to the marketplace faster. In addition to taking advantage of PaaS, it allows you to move lighter database workloads to the cloud while freeing up valuable space for more intensive workloads on premise.
Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud (ADW)
Oracle’s Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud (ADW) services simplify the provisioning, maintenance, and optimizations for data warehouse workloads in the Cloud, and promote “low touch for database administrators ” and “load and pull” approaches to data analytics.
Oracle Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Oracle Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Private Cloud delivers Oracle Engineered Systems hardware and support. Oracle IaaS Private Cloud combines the security and control of on-premise systems with unique features of cloud computing, including Capacity on Demand, which enables businesses to access and pay for peak CPU capacity only when needed.
BI Cloud Service Update
A best-in-class analytics platform offering you the full array of intuitive BI tools you expect. Quickly combine data from any source and rapidly create BI applications for agile analysis. From executives to analysts to everyday dashboard users. In a browser or on-the-go with Mobile BI. Dozens of visualizations and advanced calculations available in a fast, friendly UI. The security, reliability, and performance you require, with the flexibility the business demands.
Agility and Nimbleness
You can keep up with the fast pace of business innovation without the encumbrance of managing, updating, replacing your own physical infrastructure.
Securely move data in and out of the public cloud with confidence and peace of mind.
Simplified Maintenance / Automation
You’ll be able to rapidly provision and clone new infrastructure from a familiar web interface without having to worry about physical interoperability.
Reduced License Costs
On premise servers are sized for peak loads. With BMCS, you will be able to take advantage of reduced license and support costs during periods you don’t need peak capacity.
Meet the Speaker
Co-Founder, President, Viscosity North America
Charles Kim is an Oracle ACE Director, a VMware vExpert, an Oracle Certified DBA, a Certified Exadata Implementation Specialist, and a Certified RAC Expert. Charles specializes in RAC, Exadata, Cloud, complex data replication, and virtualization and is the co-author of nine books on Oracle Database. Charles holds certifications in Oracle, VMware, Red Hat Linux, and Microsoft, and has 30 years of experience on mission- and business- critical databases. Charles is also the president of the Cloud SIG for the Independent Oracle User Group.
Charles presents regularly at local, regional, national, and international Oracle conferences, including COLLABORATE, VMware World, and Oracle OpenWorld, on topics of RAC, ASM, Cloud, Linux best practices, Data Guard best practices, VMware best practices, Oracle on VMware virtualization, and 7×24 high-availability considerations.
2nd Floor Conference Rooms
14400 N 87th St
Republic Services – 2nd Floor Conference Rooms
14400 N 87th St (AZ101 & Raintree) · Scottsdale, AZ
Thursday, January 25, 2019
12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
On-site Contact: email@example.com