Viscosity DBA Webinar Series: Exadata Performance Exposed
Tuesday, August 28th 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CST
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine (Exadata) is an easy to deploy solution for hosting Oracle Databases that delivers the highest levels of database performance for all workloads. Exadata is an engineered system developed by Oracle to deliver very highly optimized database performance, cost effectiveness, and high availability for Oracle databases.
Exadata features an architecture with scale-out high performance database servers, scale-out intelligent storage servers for SQL with state-of-the-art PCI flash cache technology, and an ultra-fast InfiniBand network fabric that connects all servers and storage together. Unique software algorithms, SmartScan or SQL off-loading, in Exadata provides database intelligence in storage, compute, and InfiniBand networking working together to deliver extreme performance at lower costs than other platforms and converged infrastructure systems.
Exadata runs all types of database workloads including Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Data Warehousing (DW), In-Memory Analytics as well as consolidation of mixed workloads. Simple and fast to implement, Exadata powers and protects your most important databases with simple deployment on-premises as the ideal foundation for a private database cloud.
This seminar will cover the following:
- Review the pre-configured, pre-tested system optimized for all database applications
- Discover the I/O bandwidth of up to 350 GB/second per full rack from SQL with SmartScan
- Demonstrate the ability to perform up to 4.8M 8K database read I/O operations, or 4.3M 8K flash write I/O operations per second per full rack of Flash Cache
- Provide the ability to easily add compute or storage servers to meet the needs of any size application
- Review the connecting of multiple Exadata racks or Exadata Storage Expansion Racks. Up to 18 racks can be connected by simply adding InfiniBand cables and internal switches. Larger configurations can be built with external InfiniBand switches
- Reveal ultra backup performance achieved backing up Oracle database(s) to the ZFS Storage Appliance
Viscosity can Sell, Install, Migrate and Manage (SIMM) the Exadata. We install and image the Exadata nodes with our best practices. We can migrate (and even upgrade the databases along the way) all the databases with zero downtime and with zero risk (with reverse data replication). We can provide 7x24 complete lights-out monitoring and maintenance of the Exadata platform. We can provide minimal downtime patching services for the complete Exadata stack.
[gravityform id=”37″ title=”false” description=”true”]
Meet the Speakers:
Master Principal Engineer, Oracle Cloud & Infrastructure
Costel Toba is an Oracle Master Principal Engineer on the Oracle Cloud & Infrastructure team and is an Oracle Certified DBA. In his 12 years at Oracle he has worked with Oracle Database, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Data Security, and has been part of the Oracle Engineered Systems SWAT Specialists Team. Costel often sits on panels with Oracle experts, both customers and colleagues, to find innovative and financially sound solutions for the most challenging IT problems. He presents regularly for regional and international Oracle customers.
Managing Director, Viscosity
Justin Nugent is a co-founder of Viscosity North America. Prior to joining Viscosity North America, Justin was a former Master Principal Consultant at Oracle Corporation involved in many Exadata and RAC implementations across the country.
Justin’s expertise span across Oracle Exadata, RAC, Golden Gate, Informatica, DW, BI, Tactical and strategic competitive analysis, sales support and training, value selling & solution selling methodology, and data integration technology.
Have you seen our schedule of webinars?