Viscosity DBA Webinar Series: Exadata Performance Exposed
Tuesday, August 28th 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CST
Exadata features an architecture with scale-out high performance database servers, scale-out intelligent storage servers for SQL with state-of-the-art PCI flash cache technology, and an ultra-fast InfiniBand network fabric that connects all servers and storage together. Unique software algorithms, SmartScan or SQL off-loading, in Exadata provides database intelligence in storage, compute, and InfiniBand networking working together to deliver extreme performance at lower costs than other platforms and converged infrastructure systems.
Exadata runs all types of database workloads including Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Data Warehousing (DW), In-Memory Analytics as well as consolidation of mixed workloads. Simple and fast to implement, Exadata powers and protects your most important databases with simple deployment on-premises as the ideal foundation for a private database cloud.
- This seminar will cover the following:
- Review the pre-configured, pre-tested system optimized for all database applications
- Discover the I/O bandwidth of up to 350 GB/second per full rack from SQL with SmartScan
- Demonstrate the ability to perform up to 4.8M 8K database read I/O operations, or 4.3M 8K flash write I/O operations per second per full rack of Flash Cache
- Provide the ability to easily add compute or storage servers to meet the needs of any size application
- Review the connecting of multiple Exadata racks or Exadata Storage Expansion Racks. Up to 18 racks can be connected by simply adding InfiniBand cables and internal switches. Larger configurations can be built with external InfiniBand switches
- Reveal ultra backup performance achieved backing up Oracle database(s) to the ZFS Storage Appliance
[gravityform id=”37″ title=”false” description=”true”]
Meet the Speaker:
Master Principal Engineer, Oracle Cloud & InfrastructureCostel Toba is an Oracle Master Principal Engineer on the Oracle Cloud & Infrastructure team and is an Oracle Certified DBA. In his 12 years at Oracle he has worked with Oracle Database, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Data Security, and has been part of the Oracle Engineered Systems SWAT Specialists Team. Costel often sits on panels with Oracle experts, both customers and colleagues, to find innovative and financially sound solutions for the most challenging IT problems. He presents regularly for regional and international Oracle customers.
Have you seen our schedule of webinars?