Why You Should Upgrade to
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 and 18c
DBA Webinar Series
Come join Oracle ACE Director Jim Czuprynski, as he speaks on ways to upgrade to the fastest state-of-the-art revolutionary database in the world, Oracle Database 12cR2 (Oracle 12.2), whether on-premise or in the cloud.
This webinar has already happened. If interested in this topic, please email us at email@example.com!
Oracle continues to be the fastest, state-of-the-art, revolutionary database in the world. Oracle Database 18c, now available for Exadata and ODA customers, has been generally available for Oracle Cloud and Engineered Systems customers since February 2018. Soon, you will be able to unlock the full potential of the new database features and transform your IT operations.
Companies can recognize immediate ROI by upgrading to Oracle Database 12c Release 2 and 18c by utilizing Shareplex. Come and learn the best practices of upgrading to the latest and greatest release of Oracle Database including how to:
- Achieve another level of data scalability and horizontal partitioning with Sharding
- Attain higher levels of SLA with new features in Data Guard
- Avoid pitfalls during and after the upgrade
- Eliminate downtime with enhanced online features for table and index maintenance
- Perform near zero-downtime upgrades to Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (or Oracle 18c)
- Tackle Partitioning and Index advancements in 12.2 and 18c
- Secure your entire database with online encryption capabilities
- Take advantage of Oracle 12cR2, object names for users, roles, tables, columns, indexes, constraints, etc., increase from 30 bytes to 128 bytes with a few limitations to easily migrate from other databases
- Learn about the new features of Data Guard including techniques for backup and recovery
- Utilize Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) features like Automatic Data Optimization (ADO) and Heat Maps work within individual PDBs for effective management of storage resources based on actual data usage patterns
- Leverage all the latest features such as cloning and replication features for PDBs (Pluggable Databases) that enable the journey to a private, hybrid, or public cloud environment.
- With 12cR2, you can have hot-cloning (source no longer needs to be read-only), refresh clones, flashback PDB only, and build PDB-level standby plans
- Tightly control SGA, PGA, and I/O resources for individual PDBs, including how to construct standard PDB resource profiles that can be leveraged by multiple PDBs with similar resource demands
- Discover how you can rapidly and economically build a private cloud that unifies applications, infrastructure, and operations on Oracle x86 hardware and Oracle Database Appliance
- Learn how 18c plays a vital role in the autonomous data warehouse.
We will also speak on customer success stories who have upgraded to Oracle 12.2.
*Oracle customers need to upgrade to Oracle 12.2 by the end of this year if they are on Oracle versions 11.2. For Oracle customers who are on Oracle version 12.1, they need to upgrade to Oracle version 12.2 by July 2019.
Meet the Speaker:
Senior Enterprise Data Architect, Viscosity
Jim is an Oracle ACE Director with almost four decades of experience in information technology, serving diverse roles at several Fortune 1000 companies – mainframe programmer, applications developer, business analyst, and project manager – before becoming an Oracle DBA in 2001. He holds Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certification for Oracle Database releases 9i, 10g, 11g, and 12c. Jim has co-authored three books on diverse Oracle Database topics. His most recent book, PDB ME to Oracle Cloud, takes a close look at exactly what every Oracle DBA needs to know as she delves into the complexity and flexibility that Oracle Multitenant features offer in Oracle Database 12cR2 and beyond. Jim continues to write a steady stream of articles that focus on the myriad facets of Oracle database administration, with +100 articles to his credit since 2003 at databasejournal.com and IOU
Have you seen our schedule of webinars?