Why You Should Upgrade to
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 and 18c
DBA Webinar Series
Tuesday, March 26th
Come join Oracle ACE Director, acclaimed Oracle Author, and President of Viscosity, Charles Kim, as he speaks on ways to upgrade to the fastest state-of-the-art revolutionary database in the world, Oracle Database 12cR2 (Oracle 12.2), whether on-premise or in the cloud.
Tuesday, March 26th, 2019, 12:00pm-1:00pm CT
Oracle continues to be the fastest, state-of-the-art, revolutionary database in the world. Oracle Database 18c, now available for Exadata and ODA customers, has been generally available for Oracle Cloud and Engineered Systems customers since February 2018. Soon, you will be able to unlock the full potential of the new database features and transform your IT operations.
Companies can recognize immediate ROI by upgrading to Oracle Database 12c Release 2 and 18c by utilizing Shareplex. Come and learn the best practices of upgrading to the latest and greatest release of Oracle Database including how to:
- Achieve another level of data scalability and horizontal partitioning with Sharding
- Attain higher levels of SLA with new features in Data Guard
- Avoid pitfalls during and after the upgrade
- Eliminate downtime with enhanced online features for table and index maintenance
- Perform near zero-downtime upgrades to Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (or Oracle 18c)
- Tackle Partitioning and Index advancements in 12.2 and 18c
- Secure your entire database with online encryption capabilities
- Take advantage of Oracle 12cR2, object names for users, roles, tables, columns, indexes, constraints, etc., increase from 30 bytes to 128 bytes with a few limitations to easily migrate from other databases
- Learn about the new features of Data Guard including techniques for backup and recovery
- Utilize Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) features like Automatic Data Optimization (ADO) and Heat Maps work within individual PDBs for effective management of storage resources based on actual data usage patterns
- Leverage all the latest features such as cloning and replication features for PDBs (Pluggable Databases) that enable the journey to a private, hybrid, or public cloud environment.
- With 12cR2, you can have hot-cloning (source no longer needs to be read-only), refresh clones, flashback PDB only, and build PDB-level standby plans
- Tightly control SGA, PGA, and I/O resources for individual PDBs, including how to construct standard PDB resource profiles that can be leveraged by multiple PDBs with similar resource demands
- Discover how you can rapidly and economically build a private cloud that unifies applications, infrastructure, and operations on Oracle x86 hardware and Oracle Database Appliance
- Learn how 18c plays a vital role in the autonomous data warehouse.
We will also speak on customer success stories who have upgraded to Oracle 12.2.
*Oracle customers need to upgrade to Oracle 12.2 by the end of this year if they are on Oracle versions 11.2. For Oracle customers who are on Oracle version 12.1, they need to upgrade to Oracle version 12.2 by July 2019.
Meet the Speaker:
President, ViscosityCharles Kim is an Oracle ACE Director, Oracle Certified DBA, a Certified RAC Expert and Certified Exadata Implementation Specialist. Charles is also a VMware vExpert and a VMware Certified Professional. Charles specializes in RAC, Exadata, Virtualization and authored 8 books.
Charles holds certifications in Oracle, VMware, Red Hat Linux, and Microsoft, and has over 25 years of Oracle experience on mission and business critical databases. Charles presents regularly at local, regional, national, and international Oracle conferences including IOUG Collaborate, VMware World, and Oracle OpenWorld on topics of RAC, ASM, Linux Best Practices, Data Guard Best Practices, VMware virtualization, Oracle VMware virtualization, and 7×24 High Availability Considerations.
Have you seen our schedule of webinars?